We have created this page to explain, very clearly and without legal speak, how we collect and use your information.
Our main focus is to collect information relevant to the website to make it an awesome experience for users. In so many words, we will never sell or give away your personal information for any purposes.
- We do not run commercial advertising of any kind on the beeets website.
- We do not share personal information with third parties. For any purposes. Ever.
- We do not use your email to contact you with bulk messages or mailings unless you specifically tell us you want this. This type of activity is disabled by default.
- Keeping a user logged in over an extended period of time.
- Remembering a user's location so we don't have to pull it out every time they come to the site.
- beeets, or people who post on beeets, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
- Your account information is password-protected. Please keep your password safe.
- We will NOT EVER send you emails or communications of any kind asking for any personal information or your password. Please report any communications of this nature to us. Any personal information can be updated through the website, and your password can be changed through the website...there is no need to ever give this information out, even to a beeets representative.
- beeets does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 13. If beeets learns of any information or postings is by a person under the age of 13, beeets will remove that information or post.
Data we collect
The following information is collected when registering an account on beeets. This information is protected
and is never given out to third parties.
- A valid email address (this is your login). This is never shared with third parties under any circumstances.
- A "screenname." This is an alias all users have to identify eachother without using their real names.
- An account password. This is encrypted and is not viewable even to beeets administrators. It can be changed by an administrator, but not decrypted.
- A gender. This is mainly for demographic purposes.
- A date of birth. Used for demographics and for age verification. Persons under the age of 13 are allowed to create accounts or post any information.
The following information is optionally available to enter once a user has registered. This information is
not required and not verified.
- Contact information other than email: AIM, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Chat, ICQ, and a URL to the user's website.
- First name and last name.
- User Location
- User occupation
- User bio.
- User interests.
- A profile picture
- We use your IP address to determine a best-guess as to your location when you come to the home page. This is used to show you information relevant to your area. Note that automatically determined locations are not always accurate.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the beeets site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
Data we store
- All user information collected during registration or when a user updates his or her profile is stored indefinitely. This information can be updated by the user at any time.
- All event and tag information posted to beeets is stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be stored indefinitely.
- Although we make good faith efforts to update and store user information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
Archiving of beeets content
Any public information on the beeets website, whether active or not, may be cached and/or archived by any number of other websites or search engines (archive.org, google.com, etc). We are not responsible for any content not hosted directly on our servers.
Circumstances in which beeets may release information
- beeets may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- Your Privacy
- Data we collect
- Data we store
- Archiving of beeets content
- Circumstances in which beeets may release information